Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Neverending Xmas tree

Update: The tree came down on January 31. I could have held out at least another week or so. Needles were still not really shedding unless manhandled. But all is down and the tree is now secret wildlife habitat.

Many years back I had a Christmas tree that I swear lasted until nearly Mardi Gras. The needles just wouldn't drop and it finally turned yellow. It found a new home in the woods behind my parent's place. I think it held its needles for a year. Looks like I have another contender. It has barely shed any needles and continues to drink an ample amount of water everyday. I enjoy having a tree with its lights and ambience. If I could I would have a decorated tree year-round indoors. So if don't be surprised if come February the tree is still around.

3 comments:

Hooligan said...

I guess that I'm not helping you toss it out this weekend.

Colleen said...

I used to want the decorations up as long as possible, but not as much anymore. I hate when people throw out their trees immediately after Christmas, though.

suntawrites said...

I left ours up in Maine all year long, although, it was fake!! LOL. Be careful with the lights if the needles get dry!!