Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where you can find me this time of year

With the onset of the recent cold temps, field work has ground to a halt for me. So no new exciting sites to blog about. I will be going out in the field on friday, but I have very low expectations for the site. I've been hanging out at the office and scurrying to and from the car. Once I get home, I usually have one thing on my mind....get the fire going and hibernate!

The shows on tv have been mostly crap, so I've cracked open this thing called a book. It's about a young couple that got kidnapped and murder in Davis in 1980. I never knew about this incident until last year. So I was curious to read about this travesty in the seemingly crime-less city of my grad school years. It's a very easy read and I'm shocked to find out that they were likely kidnapped very close to my old condo....like the next street over! The alternative kidnapping location was at a shopping center that was my favorite grocery store. Really weird.

I've also been busy with my latest scheme. It's way to early to reveal any details, but let's just say it's been something that's ALWAYS been a dream of mine. And it's not meeting Johnny Depp or anything like that....although I would not be opposed to that. So just keep your fingers crossed that things will work out.


3 comments:

Jules said...

Hmmm that fireplace looks divine. Good luck with your scheme!

Kartek said...

Thanks. So far the scheme isn't paying off, but I'm patient.

Colleen said...

It's tortuous that we have a fireplace here but are too scared to use it. (It's gas)
[singing:] I know what your scheme is....