Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sheep can jump

I was getting back from harvesting some firewood at my parents place. On my way back, I was drove past the bagel eating sheep and saw that three sheep had escaped. The three escapees were in road or right next to it. Two were eating grass in someone's lawn and the third was eating the deliciousness of salt and dirt covered leaves, twigs, and road debris along the road edge. Apparently not the brightest or more discerning of the three. I stopped my car and tried to find the hole in the fence. All I found was a slightly bent over section of fence that they must have jumped or walked over. They must be rams, because there was a bit of competition between two of them and I really don't see how ewes with lambs would jump a fence that the lambs would not be able to. I was debating whether to stop by the house to let the people know about the sheep, but it didn't look like anyone was home. Besides I think their neighbors must be used to this sort of antics and can maybe even herd the sheep back in.
The rest of the herd was hanging out in the corner and baaing a bunch.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Aw they are so cute! I love that you pulled over and took the time to take pictures. That is so something I would do.

Liöüx said...

I like to count them jumping over fences when I can't sleep.

I'm starting my new blog tomorrow morning.

Colleen said...

Yeah I was going to mention the whole sheep jumping over fences bit too. Some day I will fulfill my dream of hugging a lamb.

Kartek said...

Forget about just hugging a lamb, I want to own a lamb. Then I could hug it everyday!