Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!

It's snowing! We are under a winter storm warning with a potential of 4 to 8 inches of snow. I'm guessing we'll be on the lower end of that. The flakes started nice and fat and now they are barely noticeable. I'm hoping that doesn't mean sleet and rain are on their way. Boo to that.

I'm fortunate to have the ability to work from home. Almost everyone in my company can do that. I mean the technology is there, so why not use it. So why is that some people still insist on coming in. Must be that annoying martyr syndrome again. There are still some people that are technologically challenged but let's get with the program. It's not that hard to log on to the server from your home computer.

In preparation for the snow, I went to check on one of my secret and "illegal" bird feeders stashed in the bushes. It was gone. No doubt stolen by raccoons. I went around the nearby woods edge to see if I could spot it on the ground and noticed an almost identical bird feeder hanging (with food) in a tree along woods edge. I knew it was not mine. So someone else has a dirty little secret like me. I also hung up my other bird feeders on the deck and the birds have been going crazy for it.

3 comments:

Hooligan said...

I think you should question a certain chubby rodent about this!

Anonymous said...

I too have to buy a new bird feeder for me, will visit Ace Hardware for it.

suntawrites said...

That snow looks stunning! Have fun staying in! :)