Monday, December 10, 2007

I fought the law and....


I'm about to head into the condo meeting to ask the Board why after 5 years they are forcing me to take down my birdfeeder. I really am not fond of confrontation, so it's the equivalent of going to the dentist and having some drilling done. I'm hoping they are reasonable people and we'll reach a compromise, but I'm not holding my breath. They can make the rules for the complex and that's the end of the story. We have elections, but no one ever runs so it's not worth a vote. I know I should run and start the revolution, but the next election is in 2 years and the term is 2 years long. Then I would just be one vote. I plan to be out of here in 5 years. I wanted to print out pics of the real problems around here...like rotten wooden, light fixtures falling off the walls, etc. but of course after like 3 months of the printer telling me there is no toner, it finally really started running out. I have nice streaks across the page.


I was totally shot down at the meeting. There were 6 people. Three were old ladies that seemed sympathetic to my cause. One made a what? perplexed face when I told them the notice said it was a health and safety issue. She even had just bought a bird feeder for her own deck. But there was this one hateful biatch, who apparently hates all living creatures. She goes "Your feeder attracts squirrels." I go "It's squirrel-proof." She goes "Well it attracts other critters....I don't know...other critters." They wouldn't allow me to hang a post in the landscaping. That post would allow me to hang a birdfeeder that wouldn't harm the deck and the poop was fall into the landscaping. She said if they allowed then someone would want to put decorative frogs in the landscaping. So here's the general plan. Plus it might puncture the irrigation system...don't even get me started on that.


Continue with the secret bird feeders.
Buy buckets of bird seed and scatter on evil biatch's lawn to attract thousands of birds
Release all hostage live mice at her building
Summon all the bears of NJ to break into her house, trash it, and use it as there hibernation zone...ok I need to work on that one.


Ms. White, any ideas on how to harness nature? Anyone else, have some ideas?

1 comment:

Jules said...

Ugh that sucks. I'm sorry. I do love your plans though. Especially scattering bird food all over her yard! LOL