Friday, November 30, 2007

No fun

I received a notice in the mail yesterday stating that I must remove my birdfeeders as per the condo's rules and regulations. First, the author referred to me as Mrs. Anyone who writes numerous letters as this District Manager probably does, should know that unless you are absolutely clear a woman is married, you should refer to her as Ms. He stated how bird "dropping" is a health and safety issue. Only myself and my guests are subject to this "health violation". Nevermind the fact that after living there for 5 years, I have never seen anyone else wash their balcony aside from myself.


I know that the regulations say that "No resident shall hang garments, wash, rugs, clothes, or other items from the windows or from any of the facades, porches, patios, or balconies." But this line seems to only refer to wash or rugs. I don't see how somebody hanging a wind chime is hurting the aesthetic appeal of the 20 year old development. What I do see hurting the aesthetic appeal, is the general lack of maintainence on the facade...rotted wood in the trim and posts, holes in the trim, lighting fixtures that are not securely attached, etc. Nevermind how in the summer of 2002, a macroburst swept through my area. I lost numerous larger trees and all they have replanted is one small red maple.

So I only fathom that this crackdown is the result of the condo association attempting to raise some money through fines. As soon as I got this notice, I was reminded of the X-files episode where Mulder and Scully pretend to a married couple in a gated community.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I think some lamewad has it out for you and complained. Time to do a little investigation, a la Mulder & Scully.

Kartek said...

If need be, I can break out my Scully FBI badge and wreck shop. I don't think I was singled out. I did have some rotten wood trim fixed (finally after 5 years!) and they probably noticed then. Jerks either way.

Kartek said...

I also have some new pets/squatters for them...if they are unwilling to comply.