Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall into the gap

My cousin, her BF, and I went hiking along a portion of the Appalachian Trail within the Delaware Water Gap and Worthington State Forest. Our destination was this vantage point where you can see 360 degrees. This spot is also a popular birding and hawk watch. It was an almost 2 hour hike in and it was mostly walking over rocks of course. On the way there, we rested on a nice boulder and some birds flew pretty close. I was hoping that our final destination would be non-stop close bird flying action so we continued onward. Well not so much. Most of these birds at this final desitnation were flying so far away I couldn't see them at all. Just barely a dark spec in the sky. And it sure was blusterly up there. It was like the NJ Mt. Everest complete with a large pile of rocks and a plastic owl, of course. I will say the leaves were gorgeous.




2 comments:

Colleen said...

Beaut! I think your camera captured the foliage better than mine did while on my trip...though those pics were mostly from a moving car...

Kartek said...

I didn't think the pictures would come out all since it was cloudy. But they came out pretty good.