Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quarantine!



That's the sign that should posted outside my office and home right now. We were struck down by some virus early this week. Half my work group has been out sick for multiple days. I started feeling symptoms late sunday and by monday morning my sore throat, tiredness, and aches and pains were in full effect. I still had hope that I could kick it and thought the others were working outside. Come tuesday, cue the sinus congestion, sneezing, and occasional cough. I then found out that I was the only one who made it to the work from my row of cubbies. Even birdman, who never takes sick days had been out monday and tuesday. I told the higher ups that I would be taking the rest of the week off using vacation time since I had so much time. By wednesday, everything had kicked it up a notch. I didn't get a full night of sleep thanks to my ailments. I was either in bed or on the couch all wednesday. I knew that my cough was the result of draining sinuses, so I was hesitant to take anything to stop it. But trying to sleep last night, I had it with the non-stop cough and pulled out the big guns. I had some ancient prescription "do not drive or operate heavy machinery" type cough medicine. I had barely one dose and boy did it do the trick. I don't think I coughed once at night and was able to mostly sleep through the night. When I did wake up in the middle of the night, I felt very relaxed (no aches/pains) and don't have to cough. It was a lovely and restful 14 hour sleep. Today I'm feeling less congested, but everything else is still present. The cough has kicked it up a notch. I have a doc appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll be on the road to recovery by that time.

2 comments:

suntawrites said...

What is going on? I am sick, too, as are family in NJ, friends in Maine - and now I learn about you, too.
How nuts!
I hope you are feeling better!
Tis the season!
Happy March!!!!!

Jules said...

I hope you are feeling better by now!

I saw this web site and thought you'd like it:

http://zaxy.wordpress.com/